Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1920 - 04/27/02 01:26 PM 1050 Good Choice for "1st" HT/Audio Receiver?
Kerosene Hat Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Sparks, MD
The topic basically sums up my question--I have not yet had the pleasure of owning any component type stereo system and wish to listen to music that sounds good (whilst not using my tv as a speaker source!!) as well as starting to build my HT setup.

Does the 1050 do the job for audio/HT work (ideally, I wouldn't mix the two, but budget is a big issue) for a newbie to home theater/audio???

#1921 - 04/27/02 05:16 PM Re: 1050 Good Choice for "1st" HT/Audio Receiver?
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
Yes I feel that the 1050 will do everything you ask of it very well. It is a little behind in some features such as dpl2 but I haven't missed it. It also makes up for it with tank like build quality and top notch customer service. In my experience it has performed flawlessly with 2ch music as well as rockin home theater duty. I would not hesitate to recommend the 1050 to a stanger or a friend.

------------------
m-mmeyer
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#1922 - 04/27/02 07:13 PM Re: 1050 Good Choice for "1st" HT/Audio Receiver?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
It is an excellent 2 channel and HT receiver. Like m-mmeyer said, it does lack dp2, but that is its main deficiency. It also provides a nice upgrade path to separates (the 6 preouts on the rear).

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#1923 - 04/27/02 07:29 PM Re: 1050 Good Choice for "1st" HT/Audio Receiver?
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
That's exactly what I've done, Kerosene Hat. After being on the fringes and looking in long enough, I finally started my foray in actually owning HT and "real" (as opposed to boom box) audio gear. My first step was the 1050.

I've been nothing but pleased with my decision. It does absolutely everything I've asked of it and does it very well, IMHO. I even got an extra speaker to take advantage of the rear center channel.

My next step in the upgrade path will be an external amp. I'm slowly working toward a nice pre/pro, maybe the 950. More likely it'll be the Outlaw high end pre/pro by the time I'm ready to get one though. Then I'll probably move the 1050 to the bedroom or maybe pass it down to my little girl. She's only a couple weeks old right now, but I intend to see to it that she is indoctrinated properly!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts