Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#33034 - 09/06/03 09:52 AM M200 Pair
Signal_20 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Orlando, Florida
I just ordered a pair of 200's to run my Legacy Classics. I am very excited to see how the amps do or to see if I'll need another pair(not sure if one pair is enough and I can run the speakers bi-amped). I sold a Parasound HCA-1500a because it just did not hit hard enough so that is what I am replacing. I listen to Metallica type stuff and I am not sure something that thin can work that good but I can't wait to try. Has anyone else run Legacys with these amps?

------------------
Jim

#33035 - 02/09/04 09:48 PM Re: M200 Pair
radio66 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: chicago
how did the AMPS handel the clasics.

#33036 - 02/09/04 11:19 PM Re: M200 Pair
Signal_20 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Wow I forgot about this post! Well I did not like the way the 200's drove the Legacy speakers (not hard enough) and sent them back. They just did not have the hard hitting power that I wanted but that is just my preference and listening style. The 200's are very good amps I should have gotten 2 more and run them bi-amped I guess with 2 amps per speaker. I ended up getting a Krell amp and it drives harder than any amp I've ever heard. Also later on I ended up buying a pair of Legacy Focus speakers and the only thing I can say is if you have never heard them you do not know what you are missing. They are the greatest sounding speaker on the market for the money, $7800.00 now I think. By the way I mostly listen to hard rock music but I do like some classical. I would highly recommend the Outlaw 200 amps for most applications unless you like to get crazy like me lol. I am also thinking about buying an Outlaw 950 to run my surround to replace a Yamaha RX-V3000. If you want them to drive Signature III Legacy's get four M200's and run them bi-amped. You will like the performance and power a lot better. One M200 for one of those Sig III's is not enough unless all you do is low level room listening. Let me know if I can be any further help. My Krell is the monster but they are a bit pricy for most.

[This message has been edited by Signal_20 (edited February 09, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Signal_20 (edited February 09, 2004).]

#33037 - 02/09/04 11:20 PM Re: M200 Pair
Signal_20 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Wow I forgot about this post! Well I did not like the way the 200's drove the Legacy speakers (not hard enough) and sent them back. They just did not have the hard hitting power that I wanted but that is just my preference and listening style. The 200's are very good amps I should have gotten 2 more and run them bi-amped I guess with 2 amps per speaker. I ended up getting a Krell amp and it drives harder than any amp I've ever heard. Also later on I ended up buying a pair of Legacy Focus speakers and the only thing I can say is if you have never heard them you do not know what you are missing. They are the greatest sounding speaker on the market for the money, $7800.00 now I think. By the way I mostly listen to hard rock music but I do like some classical. I would highly recommend the Outlaw 200 amps for most applications unless you like to get crazy like me lol. I am also thinking about buying an Outlaw 950 to run my surround to replace a Yamaha RX-V3000.

#33038 - 02/10/04 09:26 PM Re: M200 Pair
radio66 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: chicago
thanks that is what I was not hopeing to hear. I like my music loud with a strong deep base aslo. I have looked at Krell, I might just have to go that route later in the year. I will try the 200s like you said and if they are underpowered they will just go to the kids room or for the surround speakers.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 348 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM