Quote:
Originally posted by Ellen:
Would this work? It's what I've been thinking of doing with my 950 and Parasound monobloc amps.

The amps for the front left and right speakers will be connected to the trigger on the 950 (trigger goes to one amp, then that amp's trigger out is connected to the trigger in on the second amp). To control the other three amps, I planned to get an X10 appliance module and plug a 12vdc wall wart into it. I would plug it into one of the three remaining amps, and daisy chain from it to the other two. This way, the 950 turns on the main left/right amps for stereo and if I want to do home theater, I can turn on the other three via remote control.

Any one see any problems with this? I really don't need to do it as the 950 seems able to turn on all 5 amps with no trouble. But I thought it would be convenient this way.

I don't know how I missed this. This is exactly what I do, except I am using a 1050. The 1050 triggers my main two amps while my center and surround amps have an x10 trigger. I also use the amp button on the 1050 to control x10 signals with an x10 ir converter. So it should work for you and I do find it convenient since my use is about 50/50 stereo vs. multichannel.