I last posted back in february 2022 about my 976 being dead for the third time, this time out of warranty. I decided to send it back again, at my expense, and quickly got it back. The outer packaging box is now *really* beat up, for having been cross border 3 times! The customs actually inspected the thing, I think they thought something was fishy with this kit travelling so much! smile Outlaw mentionned the HDMI board has overheated and suggested improvements on my enclosed equipement rack, which I did.

Just about 3 months lated, I woke up one day to an hazy home with that burned electronic smell. There was a 10 minutes frantic search for the "fire" until I got to the 976, which was actually still powered and normal looking, but frozen. It had put out a smoke show before dying again.... Neddless to say, that was it.

Back to searching a replacement, I found the market for mid-level pre-pro was still missing in action. Lots of 400$ receivers and lots of boutiques 5000$ pre-pro, but nothing in between. I realised that I'd have to go into the used market. Fortunately, several peoples are now replacing perfectly good gear to get in the Dolby Atmos bandwagon, which I don't need nor want. It was a question of a couple weeks to read products reviews, then find something suitable, almost locally, well a 2 hours drive. In the end, the replacement is great and actually improved the sound so much that I suspect that something was not correct with the bass management on the 976. The ergonomy, look, features, versatility, etc, are all in another league too. It should, for a product that sold new for like 3 time that of the 976!

Well, I'm really sad that Outlaw is in such a level of disarray with their offering, having only third parties pre-pro, a stereo receiver and their line of power amps and speakers. May they bounce back to fame someday!

Edited by Deromax (12/01/22 10:57 AM)

" I hear no highs, I feel no lows, it sounds like crap, it must be Bose "