Originally Posted By Helson
I must admit, I've never used the EQ*. I balanced my system using the auto setup and that was good for me.
you DID use the Delay* DSP by running the Auto Setup😊. Over the five years in my system, being accustomed to setting the same* manually using a tape measurer. Are you certain the Auto Setup didn’t make any PEQ adjustments? You should check to see.
*Delay - the software where you plug in the distances to your speakers from your Prime Seating Position.

My question is, how audible is the difference in noise? I mean, every device in the signal path contributes to overall noise. When the PEQ is engaged, you’re directing the signal path through additional circuitry…
here you read my mind!

Your reply got me thinking. I’ll speculate that the DSP FOR EQ and the Delay are separate units as he only hears the noise when the PEQ is ON.

Lets hope someone from Outlaw will chime to confirm a single DSP unit or two separate, and a solution to Phil’s pain!

…most assuredly, you're going to increase the noise factor somewhat.
thankfully, it seems, most units don’t manifest a PEQ/DSP induced noise increase.

But is this increase even audible?
He hears it