Tom,

I personally responded to you both times just before your tickets were closed. I'm flabbergasted that you would come here and say otherwise.

I explained that we don't have the resources for you to open new support tickets when the issue in question has already been responded to on previous support tickets.

It was explained that the unit is in proper operation and there would be no changes. It was explained that this has to do with varying input sensitivities of a subwoofer('s plate amplifier) vs amplifiers, as well as measuring with an SPL meter.

When doing the manual tone, it should be interpreted by an external SPL meter C weighted slow that shows you an averaged number. Regardless of what it looks like on the graph, or even sounds like to your ears, it allows for proper channel balancing via the proper methods; that is all the tone is for. It is not the same procedure when using the microphone; no, it is not the same tone.

Continuing to re-open multiple tickets when you received multiple responses, and then to come on the forum, and say otherwise is not fair to the company.