For some years now I have had a 7.2 system setup with both a plasma TV and overhead projector. I use a Marantz 5005 (from Outlaw) as a preamp and an Outlaw 770 amp powering 7 speakers plus 2 SVS sub woofers.

I have TIVO for regular TV and a Panasonic BD player that has two hdmi outputs-one for video and one for audio. I found that by going direct to the overhead projector through a 35 foot hdmi cable I eliminated hand shaking problems. The TIVO had an hdmi output that went to the plasma and a component output that went to the overhead projector. There was also optical cable output that went to the Marantz for audio.

The system worked well for a number of years until my TIVO HD went bad and I upgraded to the TIVO Bolt. Unfortunately it only has an hdmi output (and an optical audio) but no component. To see TV or streaming on my overhead projector I now have to physically switch the hdmi output to either the projector or my plasma.

I am now considering the 976 as a solution but will it work? I not only get updated technology but with two hdmi outputs I can run one to my plasma and one to my projector.

Can I connect both hdmi outputs from my bluray player (one video and one audio) to the 976 and play the output on either my projector or plasma? Can the input from the TIVO play on either the plasma or the projector (not usually at the same time). Will there be hand shaking issues with the projector because now I will be going through the 976 and not directly from the bluray player?

I hope the above is somewhat clear. Thanks.

JohnF