I recently purchased the 976 to replace a broken 975. For some reason, the OSD display from the 976 does not work well on my LG TV over this cable. I ended up having to connecting to an older Visio TV via a HDMI 1080p High Speed HDMI cable to do the initial setup. Once I did the setup, everything worked great. Specifically, the Roku displayed a 4k 60FPS HDR picture, I believe with 4.2.2 (this doesn't show) The BluRay player displays a 1080P HDR picture (its limits). The Cable set-top box works great.

However, when I tried to go to the OSD setup to start really dialing in the the audio, the screen goes blank. Sometimes it will display the main menu for a few seconds and I can select a option menu and then it goes blank and sometimes displays that screen. I can seldom do more than 1 thing before it does away completely and I have to try to start over. Any thoughts on what is causing this and what I can do to remedy this?

FWIW, and to further confuse the issue, if I use an older 1080p rated high speed passive HDMI cable (which cannot carry the 4K picture from the Roku) the OSD displays just fine. Of course, I then run into HDMI handshake issues when I try to go back to the active cable.

I have opened this as a ticket in the support system and am waiting on an acceptable explanation and workaround. It boggles my mind that a 4k picture and 1080p and 1080i sources will work but the OSD will not.

I am running the following configuration:

- The 976 HDMI1 Output/ARC is connected to my LG TV's HDMI2/ARC via a Wireworld Sphere 15M Active HDMI cable (this cable, which is certified for 4K HDR 4.2.2, has its own power source).
- Media Input - Roku Ultra via a passive .5m 4K HDMI cable setup on HDMI 1
- Disk Input - Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay via a passive .5m 4K HDMI cable setup on HDMI 2
- Cbl/Sat Input - Arris 6 Channel whole house DVR via a passive .5m 4K HDMI cable setup on HDMI 5
- AUX - Amazon Dot to 976 Analog input 1

Edited by 73Bruin (03/26/20 05:24 AM)
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra