Hello,

I bought the RR2160 two years ago and am mostly pleased with it.

My intent was to use it primarily for radio, but also to play my iTunes collection and eventually get a turntable for my vinyl.

I’m wondering if anyone here can assist with getting the most of the Receiver. I’ve searched youTube, and haven’t found much other than brief Audiophile reviews.

Would anyone be willing to upload a video to youTube showing use of various features?

For now, just a few comments:

During the first few weeks/months of owning RR2160, I had a few scares with power surges … and still do not know the cause. They were ‘seemingly’ random, and has left me nervous, especially when turning the unit on. And I still can’t trust the RR for visitors to turn on.

On one occasion, the power surge changed the volume setting to VERY LOUD, so after the delay before it reset back to Tuner, it came on playing so loud I’m lucky the speakers weren’t damaged.

(RR was new to me, so in the screaming loud frenzy I jumped up to turn down volume manually with control knob on RR … but it is sooooooooo slow, requiring numerous ‘turns’! It is much faster to use volume buttons on remote.)

I was always in the habit of turning volume down before turning radio off, which is good habit.

However, this got me thinking, it’d be great (ideal) if the RR were to be programmed with a menu option to pre-set ‘Default’ settings. For instance, Default the RR to always turn ON to a particular radio station, (or Aux, etc.) at a particular volume setting. So, regardless of volume or ‘input’ when RR is turned off, the following ON is at a predetermined setting. A good safety precaution.

Seems to me, this ought to be a fairly simple matter of programming.

Outlaws, are you there? What say you? Please have your tech dudes at the ranch write up some code for an update!

Which brings me to another point: Volume control. Grrrrrrr

Seriously … -100 to 0 ?!?!?!?! WTF?!

Ok, I get it; it’s an Attenuator which reduces the amplifier output … reduce the attenuation to increase the volume. Yeah, yeah … blah blah blah.

The real world ‘user interaction’ is simply increase or decrease sound! It just makes sense to have 0 as no sound, and 100 as 100%. Zero to One Hundred. Why complicate matters with -100 to 0?

Given the choice, what would most people select: -100 to 0; or, 0 to 100. ??!!

Again, Outlaws, are you listening?

Can you please have those same tech dudes write up some code for update to allow a Menu Option allowing people to choose for themselves how they’d like to interact with the RR.

Thanks for any/all who took time to read and ponder my 'thoughts'