Originally Posted By Helson
Awesome! Makes me feel better for whenever, or if, I ever have a problem with my 976. Curious, are you using any of the HDMI control settings? I'm always hesitant to use them myself, as it keeps the 976 power circuits energized and thus, always generating heat from the regulators. I want my 976 staying cool when I'm not using it. I don't use any apps from my TV so I don't need them turned on anyway.

I have both HDMI Control and Pass Through "OFF". If I understand the Control function it allows other components that meet the CEC standard to turn on/off, change volume etc. with that function on the Model 976. I could see where that is handy in some situations but not mine. I just want the selected source, 976, my amp and display on only. When I switch sources I want to turn off the previous source and turn on the new source. The pass through is a nice option if I wanted to just have video, say of a news station, on without sound but I don't use my system that way so I'm not using it either. I wonder if it just passes video and audio? If so, I could use the speakers in my display but they much less than second best compared to the audio side of my HT.