Houston, I have a problem....

A nearby lightning strike a few days ago brought a power surge in through our DSL line, taking out several ethernet switches and a cable and an iMac. And profoundly affecting my RR2160.

It will switch on out of standby mode (via front panel or remote), with a satisfying solinoid click — but all that happens is that the standby LED turns off and the LEDs for TONE OFF, EXTERNAL LOOP, ENTER, MENU, and MUTE all come on. No text ever shows up on the display. No buttons then on the front panel or the remote will do anything at all: except STANDBY on the front panel and OFF on the remote — each of which will put it properly back into standby mode again.

I’ve unplugged the ethernet, and toggled the main power switch, but there’s no change in its behavior.

I’m thinking this is going to have to go in for repair, but wondering whether anyone has any further ideas of things to try first. My first thought was a factory reset, but it looks like that’s only accessible via the menu, which I can’t access.

Anyone?