Whats my beef ?
I convinced Orca to give Outlaw Audio consideration while searching for a new AVR in his new home,. It would be his first venture into the world of seperates..We have been friends since 1958...
I had recieved the 976, only 2 days prior to him receiving the 975..
His question to me was should he hear music to his speakers while listening to headphones ?
My answer was, register on Outlaw Forums, ask the question yourself as this would be best ..
He registered, expected to be confirmed within a 24 hr period as is normal according to Outlaw
It was I believe a 5-7 days before he received confirmation.
So I posted for him ..

My agenda is not vindictive ,in an attempt to find answers to this problem of hearing speakers @ 12 ft distance ,I posted where other members could chime in...IE , is any one else experiencing this ?
Is there something in menu option that can rectify this situation ?

As you stated you had to create a situation where you could hear the leakage. Orca hears it on every source..
I hear it on none, I will not attempt to do as you did on FM/AM since I do not listen to either on the 976.I will in fact believe that you do hear what you state. After all , that is what we are doing here, in house, finding what is normal and/or acceptable by other members also
I am informed by Ben that he has a few 975 and 976's on his bench and they all exhibit the same trait, ( @ 1.5-2.5 ft ) that is leakage thru to speakers while headphones plugged in. I have none so therefor I have an alternative agenda according to you I guess.
So here is my offer to any outlaw person/s: they are welcome to come to my house and listen for themselves, I will not pay your way.
If outlaw Ben wants to do his best to replicate what they are hearing from there test units on my 976 ,they can pay shipping both ways.
Guess I am not being fair, but I am on a limited budget and every expenditure is weighed prodigiously.