Has anyone upgraded from the 990 to the 976? I'm curious if it is going to sound as good or better than what I have now with my 990. I'm still happy with the sound I get from my 990 but it would be nice to run everything through HDMI instead of DVI.

I have an Oppo UDP 203, a Tivo Bolt +, PS4, etc. I have a 7.1 sound system with M&K SS150 THX sound system with the MX350 sub. It is an old system but still kicks ass. I would love it if this pre/pro had some sort of room correction because I have heard it can work wonders. I have a very unique and tight space for my basement Home theater. Low ceilings and a narrow seating area. I have acoustical treatments that help. I run direct signals from the Oppo straight to the amp and projector, so I use that as a pre/pro for blu ray and 3D. I do not have a 4K projector yet but plan to upgrade within the next couple years.

I'm hoping someone else with a similar situation who upgraded from the 990 to the 976 can help with expectations. Thanks in advance.

Edited by jmeno (03/07/19 10:11 AM)