Originally Posted By arbitrageur
No, I still have questions. They aren't getting in the way of enjoying the sound though!

I am currently operating under the impression that the EQ is applied to each source channel and then the crossover is applied. That means that a +3db bump at 30hz on the front left channel will be passed to the sub if using a crossover (small speaker setting), but a +3db bump at 30hz on the sub EQ will only be applied to the LFE channel source.

I had the 976 on a test bench and was convinced that bass management was being applied to an analog input. I fed a DAC into an analog stereo input then plugged powered monitors into the sub and left front XLR outs and confirmed full range (maybe bass limited?) on one speaker and bass only on the other. I didn't invest the time to confirm that the crossover point moved (previous outlaw products had a fixed 80hz crossover for analog), or that the "full range" was actually bass limited as it should be.

I think "Sub Trim" on the "LFE Trim" menu is for managing the sub gain in modes where channels are summed below the crossover, as occurs with All Channel Stereo and with the "Bass Augmentation" modes.

Thanks for that info. Well done on your test bench. Ive been confused with these Trims since similar controls were on my Outlaw ICBM. Loved that piece, but have no use for it now !
Outlaw 976 Processor
Outlaw 755 amp for Center and all four surrounds
Adcom GFA 555II for Main L & R channels
Behringer EP4000 for two homemade subs
Outlaw Ultra X13 for REAL Sub Bass !
OPPO BDP103, Marantz CD63SE, Denon DP300F
2 Adcom ACE515s for AC current treatment
Newport Theater Director for AC distribution.
Speakers are all built by myself utilizing Dynaudio Drivers
Second room: Yamaha receiver, Musical fidelity X10D tubes, Carver C9 holographic pro.