Originally Posted By kiwiaudio
You wont have these issues with the Harmony 950 Drueb. Now you can put your IR receiver eye back where you prefer it. It was never your plasma !!
One of my Tvs is a 6 yr old plasma - never had a problem !

So far, the only reason i use the 976 remote is to access and navigate the OSD. I cannot seem to get the harmony to reliably do this, but it can, im sure. I just have to figure it out.

Tough for me to believe that only a small percentage of 976 sales are reporting remote issues. This is what Outlaw is saying. Are people just accepting the issues, or are they really just not having problems? Audio/Video philes are supposed to be a picky lot !

So few of us communicate in these forums though, most just read and suck up the efforts of others. Forum contributors like to help and offer insight.
Enough ranting Kiwi !!

Ranting is welcome; Outlaw needs to address the remote issues. Maybe only a limited number of remotes have had issues. I continue to experience volume control issues and aiming issues...it's just not natural to aim a remote lower than the IR Sensor...Plain Silly!

SOLUTION: I suggest that Outlaw offer to replace the ones associated with complaints...AND ask for the old to be returned for research & testing.

As an aside, the refurbished 950 I got stopped working and entered into a continuous loop when I tried to switch activities. Then it suggested that I teach it TiVo commands it would not accept. Thanks to Amazon, it is on the way back, and a NEW one will be delivered today. The story of my life!

Edited by drueb (01/25/18 01:10 PM)
JBL Studio 520C Center
2 JBL Sub 550P
Polk 265RT 3 Way Surrounds (in wall)
Sony Bravia 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED TV
Panasonic DP-UB820-K 4K Player
Technics SL 1210 GR (2019)
Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk - Phono Preamp
Ortofon Bronze 2M; Ortofon Headshell;Emmeline Nighthawk Phono Pre-Amp by Ray Sammuels
Schitt Loki
Wire World RCA Cables
Drop THX AAA 789 Headphone Amp
Blue Jeans Speaker Cable Belden 10-gauge 5T00UP (Front L&R and Center)
Blue Jeans Interconnects LC-1's