The Harmony 950 has a learning curve and its taking me a while. Im not giving it my undivided attention though as im also learning my new 976 and Ultra X13.
Yesterday, with the 976 selected in the harmonys "device" mode, i was able to bring up the OSD by touching the 950's "menu" button while watching a roku stick plugged into my Oppo. It paused the video, muted the audio, and OSD came on. I trimmed the sub down a notch and backed out of the OSD menu, video and audio returned.
Great - another reason not to fight with the Outlaw remote - except i have been unable to repeat that scenario again ! im sure i did something wrong!
Still dont know what the 950's swipe screen is all about ! Seems to pop up whenever it feels like it.

Im going to register in the harmony forum and learn all i can about this sweet little remote that doesnt care where i aim it !!
Speaking of which, there is an emitter on the underside of the 950 that means you can actually hold it upright to see what you are doing, while sending commands. Cool !!

I ordered the Harmony 950 to replace an aging Sony master remote. I was going to do that regardless. I hate to read that someone is spending more $ because a brand new products remote is -(how do i put this nicely) - inadequate !
Outlaw 976 Processor
Outlaw 755 amp for Center and all four surrounds
Adcom GFA 555II for Main L & R channels
Behringer EP4000 for two homemade subs
Outlaw Ultra X13 for REAL Sub Bass !
OPPO BDP103, Marantz CD63SE, Denon DP300F
2 Adcom ACE515s for AC current treatment
Newport Theater Director for AC distribution.
Speakers are all built by myself utilizing Dynaudio Drivers
Second room: Yamaha receiver, Musical fidelity X10D tubes, Carver C9 holographic pro.