Originally Posted By singing italian
The 976 is a fine sounding surround processor. I have compared it to
Krell Showcase, Citation 7 and 5
surround processors. Add modern-day switching and excellent build quality what you receive is a very competent surround processor for people who do not want to get into Dolby Atmos.
I also compared the Oppo's 7.1 and dedicated 2 channel outputs against the dacs in the 976.I was using the Oppo 205 HDMI audio output. If you like to change HDMI cables to compare differences the 976 will not disappoint. I used WireWorld Silver Starlight 7 HDMI. Wow what a difference it made. I can honestly tell you that if you are considering purchasing
the Oppo 205 for the analog outputs I would hold off. After going back and forth many times I will say there are differences that the Oppo 205 offers but I can't say that it is significantly better for the amount of money. Finally when you run the stereo surround on the 976 I think the 976 moves up another class. The focus on the Sound Stage and and sense of depth really is good.
Hopefully Outlaw can make some small revisions to correct the Auto calibration and noise-related issue.
I agree this type of problem should not be in a 2018 product.
Not sure what you meant by "running the stereo surround"?? Is that "all channel stereo"? If so, I agree. It does sound great!

I've only ran the auto setup once, but, I didn't notice any noise-related issues?