Originally Posted By Outlaw Ben
You are not seeing things. The remote emits IR light in a slightly upward fashion.

The remotes are not sending the wrong pronto hex code. As you hinted at previously, what happens is if you aim too high, as the remote diode already emits in a slightly upward angle, a portion of the command is missed. If you were to look at an excel sheet containing the codes, you would see the codes are indeed very, very similar. By missing part of the signal, the 976 receives a different command all together. What Drue is experiencing with volume continually changing is not related to this and I have asked he try a few things.

The remotes are tested here for proper functionality (correct button press emits correct pronto hex code/command), dispersion (just under 45 degrees), and an operating distance of slightly over 30ft in a perfect environment and about 25ft here. On top of this, emission strength is measured at the factory.

This is the exact same remote used for the RR2160. Right now, between the forum, email, and phone less than .01% of our customers have reported issues with the remote. I have tested a vast number of units here and have been unable to replicate anything but the proper functionality listed above. Of course, if I aim too far off axis, I can occasionally cause the aforementioned. If you are experiencing issues, please send us an email, at customerservice@outlawaudio.com, documenting what you experienced; please list all equipment in your setup. We have been spending significant time testing the remotes and units and will continue to do so; sending us feedback directly is always the most helpful.

Ben advised me to move my IR Repeater Sensor off the front of the Plasma. I did, it is now 1 foot away from the Plasma...and I am pointing the Outlaw remote slightly down, as the IR beam is aimed slightly high. Remote issues seem to be resolved. I will keep all updated. Note, I have not tried to duplicate the issue with the Amp and TV off...but will do so when time permits. Thanks Ben!

Edited by drueb (01/20/18 02:45 PM)
JBL Studio 520C Center
2 JBL Sub 550P
Polk 265RT 3 Way Surrounds (in wall)
Sony Bravia 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED TV
Panasonic DP-UB820-K 4K Player
Technics SL 1210 GR (2019)
Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk - Phono Preamp
Ortofon Bronze 2M; Ortofon Headshell;Emmeline Nighthawk Phono Pre-Amp by Ray Sammuels
Schitt Loki
Wire World RCA Cables
Drop THX AAA 789 Headphone Amp
Blue Jeans Speaker Cable Belden 10-gauge 5T00UP (Front L&R and Center)
Blue Jeans Interconnects LC-1's