Originally Posted By AvFan
I also found that when I was using the 976 remote I had to aim well below the 976 to get it to work consistently. Doing so allowed me to be off more than 30 degrees and get consistent connection. I hope that helps those who want to toss their remote out in the snow!

The remote issues I've been suffering are not really related to the 976 remote as I intended to use a Harmony regardless. But I'm still trying to work through a few issues. First, I have a combo of IR and RF devices. The Apple 4K is both IR and RF so it is working OK with the Harmony. My cable box is both IR and RF but it appears not every function works uses both IR and RF. For example the volume up and down are RF so I need to teach my Harmony the cable remotes IR signals if possible. Second, my LG TV does not have a traditional hierarchal menu or picture setting button that I can reproduce with a series of Harmony commands. The LG uses a GUI that has a pointer and this will become a real pain should I end up with multiple picture settings for situations like watching sports (hockey and football will likely be different settings), TV and movies. Finally, I had and have some issues because the 976 is such a new product. Harmony didn't have the 976 codes initially and they were not entirely correct when first posted them but I believe that problem has been solved. But my cable company has the wrong 976/Outlaw code for "ON" and I have an open ticket with them in hopes they will get it worked out. I offered to send them the codes Outlaw Ben provided. Thanks, Ben!
Thanks AvFan! Glad I wasn't the only one. Wow, RF for just the volume? I've seen the LG pointer on my friend's TV. Does seem painful. Problems have been solved with the Logitech database.

FWIW, I used my camera phone to see the IR pulse coming from the 976 remote and saw that the pulse was beaming at an upward angle from the Led.