Originally Posted By kiwiaudio
OK, this remote is officially junk IMO. Yesterday, the volume down button decided it was now volume up. I was pretty close to max already so im scrambling for my Harmony, cannot locate it, so im running for the 976. If i had a window in my theater, this thing would be out in the snow !
I thought it was performing better firing at my Xantech IR repeater, but no.
I dont recall ever having a worse remote in my hands, and no - i dont have a plasma !

Outlaw, you have to do something about this !!
What I've found, experimenting with my 976 remote is, if you're pointing more than 2 feet higher than the 976 display window, the 976 won't see the IR command, or in some instances, not all of it.
If the initial IR pulse is missed by the IR sensor, it can interpret it as a different command. I've had a lot of experience with this type of thing in the past. The result is, a different function will occur.

With me being careful not to point the remote more than two feet higher than the 976 window, and actually pointing lower, I'm having no issues with the commands.

Edited by Helson (01/12/18 04:55 PM)