Originally Posted By drueb
Originally Posted By Moose
I have a similar setup and it works pretty well. I ended up using a Xantec IR repeater also with it direct wired to the 976. The Harmony Hub and blaster shoot out where the sensor for the Xantec. Without that the 976 seemed super picky about the IR signal hitting it's sensor and the way my gear is currently positioned it was easier to use the Xantec which I already had laying around.

As for an IR Repeater, I am using a BAFX Products IR Repeater - Remote Control Extender Kit...with the same results.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZGK6QS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm using that BAFX IR repeater too to directly connect the 976, OPPO and cable box. and it works well. I put the IR sensor closer to my TV because I can't hook it up to the BAFX. I'm going to get the correct USB cable so the 976 can power the BAFX via its USB power connections. I'm still having issues with remotes as my cable company's database for Outlaw works the 976 fine except it won't turn it on or set the input to CBL/SAT. Complicating matters is the cable remote is a combo of IR and RF so my Harmony can't learn all the missing RF commands (e.g. Guide and Channel Up/Down). My last hope is the cable remote may be switched to IR only and then I can hopefully teach my Harmony the missing commands. Argh! At least I know the components are getting the signal now.