I've got a 5000 amp, and I'm very happy with it. I have it paired with a 975, and an X13 sub. Obviously, I like them all, or I wouldn't be asking this question here. smile

However, I only have a small pair of very old speakers. They're quite good ($600 each when new in the '80s or '90s), but really, they should be my rears in a 5.1 surround system, at best. At worst, maybe they belong in the kitchen. You get the idea.

If Outlaw sold speakers, I would buy them in a flash, but they don't. So ...

Does anybody have any recommendations for how and where to start looking?

Particulars:

I don't listen to things very loudly, so they don't have to be "efficient" (or whatever today's buzzword is). I want clarity vs. loudness. We listen mostly to movies and to a lesser degree, to light music.

I really like Outlaw's philosophy of reproducing the sound as accurately as possible. So, my speakers should be built that way, too. Bells and whistles aren't needed for my tastes.

For pricing, I'm open to spending as much as I need to, under $10,000 (for a set). But the more I have to spend on them, the longer it will take until I have the funds (we budget EVERYTHING). So, advice on how much each speaker should cost would be helpful, just as much as actual speaker recommendations.

I have no preference regarding floor-standing, wall mount, bookshelf, or whatever.

I think I want to stick with 8 ohm speakers, unless there's a compelling reason to do otherwise.

This will likely be the last set of speakers I'll ever buy (I'm almost 60). Therefore, I want to do it right. They don't have to look exotic or anything like that (although, I wouldn't turn them down on that basis alone, either).