Originally Posted By AvFan
Quick update...I played a double feature last night, Avatar and 007 Quantum of Solace, and the 976 performed admirably. The sound was immersive and as others have mentioned the dialogue was crisp and clear. I also get a nice even soundstage with the three front speakers. My UMIK-1 mic arrives next week and it will be interesting what REW shows for my room acoustics, suggested PEQ settings and resultant sound.

I solved any remote issues when using my Apple TV and OPPO with my Harmony 950 and a IR sensor mounted near my display. However, I will not be using the Harmony for Cox Cable TV Contour as the Contour remote offers some very handy features (e.g. voice activation) that are not available on the Harmony. I can live with two remotes after Cox corrects their codes to use the correct "ON" code. Thanks to Ben for providing the 976's codes that I've offered to Cox.

I changed several major items in my system and I may have an issue with my OPPO 203. I'm hearing little "pops" periodically in the center channel only when playing a BluRay or 4K disc; the cable box and Apple TV do not pop. I'm going to switch HDMI inputs and on the 976 and replace the HDMI cable to see if it is a connection issue otherwise I will contact OPPO for guidance.

The last item, not audio related, is I need to accumulate at least 100 hours of use before having my LG OLED calibrated. According to the ISF tech who will calibrate it OLEDs have a decent break-in period and the settings will wander if the calibration is done too soon. Calibration is expensive but I found it well worth it with my previous display. A well calibrated display and the 976's sound will combine for a very immersive experience!

Nice to read these user reports. It seems that any new product will have some bugs that need to be ironed out.

Sidestepping a bit. Who are you contracting to have your set calibrated?
Aerial Acoustics Model 6
Aerial Acoustics Model 5
RSL Speedwoofer
OPPO BDP-103
Panamax MR5100