My wife made me wait until after Christmas to hook up my 976. Previously used a 950. With my 976, I've only been playing for 24 hours, but the following:

- the TRIGGER quit working within the first 12 hours - possibly due to turning on HDMI bypass, but flipping it back to off, doesn't seem to matter. I have confirmed TRIGGERS are ON in the INPUT SETUP. For now, I'll just let the AMP (Outlaw 7700) stay on all the time - pulled the trigger wire.

- My amp (Outlaw 7700) uses RCA connectors - I am using RCA cables with PCA connectors from Outlaw that have tightening ends - with the density of the connectors on the 976, it is nearly impossible to tighten or loosen these RCA connectors.

- the REMOTE has a nice heft, but the lack of button sizing has me counting - to get volume, count 3/4 button first column up from the bottom. Not really what I would consider user friendly. While I am okay counting, my wife is going to find that just plain dumb.

- the BRIGHT BLUE power button overwhelms. My equipment is near the TV and the power button is just simply too bright (whatever happened to the green power button, which is much easier on the eyes)...

- seems I have to push the remote buttons twice frequently to get anything to happen. I'm not sure if it is just me. The equipment is out in the open.

Will contact support in a couple weeks as I learn more... ordered a couple short HDMI to clean up the install

Outlaw 976 / Outlaw 770
Pioneer Elite PRO-950HD Plasma
Klipsch RS7 sides & backs
Klipsch RC7 center
Klipsch Forte fronts
Klipsch RSW12 sub
Sony BDP-S301
Motorola DCH6416

Edited by ppellegrini (12/27/17 06:51 PM)