The CD media, players and related equipment with S/PDIF inputs are in existance and working well toghether for the last 35 years. Except for HDMI equipment that seem different. So I considere this as a loss of basic functionality. You may think otherwise.

One of the goal of laying near a grand on a digital device is using it to its fullest. Using analog IN means bypassing the excellent DA converters I paid for, hence me not considereing analog IN as a suitable solution. YMMV.

I understand that we all have differing acceptance to this or that situation. Take that example : Some are complaining about the very bright blue Power button being a distraction. This is irrelevant to me because my gear is not visible from my couch so I never see it while watching a movie. I personnally think that this is proper home theater ergonomy but understand that other may like having their gear by their screen, so they are bothered by the bright light. Different strokes for different folks! smile

If I tell you to put a black tape over the bright light, yes it works, but is it an elegant solution for a high end product? This is the same thing as using an analog connexion to link two digital devices.

I may very well be in a small minority with this issue. I'm now realizing this. It looks like no solution will emerge here nor from Outlaw, so I'll work on workarounds by myself and suspend my discussing of this matter here before being ejected hahaha!!

Thanks all and have a nice holiday! smile

Edited by Deromax (12/27/17 04:09 PM)

" I hear no highs, I feel no lows, it sounds like crap, it must be Bose "