Originally Posted By kiwiaudio

Since I don't have a pre amp that has HDMI, I can't speak from experience. However, I've read many accounts where people have connected HDMI 1 to the display and HDMI 2 to the AVR or pre.
I was just curious to see if you were using either HDMI for audio vs. the analog outs from the OPPO. [/quote]

Oh - got ya !
No I have not run a separate HDMI for audio and compared to the analog outputs. With the 950, i used coaxial digital audio from the Oppo and ran hdmi video direct to the display from the Oppo.
I was looking forward to finally having a processor capable of switching video without degradation, so i didnt have to switch inputs on my projector. Therefore i only have the one HDMI carrying both A&V to the 976, along with the 7.1 analog.
I misunderstood initially what you were saying. I thought you meant to use two HDMIs from the Oppo to the 976, and i couldnt grasp just how that would work. My mistake !
Im going to leave it as is for now and do some reading about this splitting. Maybe i'll try it and see if it is indeed vastly superior sonically !
Do you recall where you saw this discussed ? [/quote]

It's been some time, but probably over at AVS.

If you are using a single HDMI from the OPPO to the 976, can you get Dolby True and DTS Master with that connection?
Aerial Acoustics Model 6
Aerial Acoustics Model 5
RSL Speedwoofer
OPPO BDP-103
Panamax MR5100