I added a IR sensor with my Harmony and the IR issues have been solved. There is still some programming of the remote to do but it is not critical. The new cable box was bad but a tech brought a new one today that works great so all my sources are up and running. The 976 can take a second or two to switch between activities (TV, OPPO, Apple TV for Cab/Sat, Disc, Media) but it isn't a big deal. The 976 is the first HDMI pre/pro I've owned and I understand a switching delay, even a short one like the 976, is normal. The cable box source is quite a bit louder than the OPPO and Apple TV and it would be nice to have a global way of equalizing the volume. Rogue One sounded great and I can't wait to try out the REW/PEQ to even out some tubby LFE.

Props to Peter Tribeman for pointing me to "soap opera effect" as to why I as he saw little difference between video and film on my new display. Not only did Rogue One sound good it looked much better after making the adjustments Peter suggested. Thanks, Peter!