Nice write-up, palmer. FYI, the 976 is in Harmony's database and I too had to "relearn" the 976's ON button with my Harmony 950. I've got a IR sensor coming in the next day or so that should take care of my IR issues as my TV is mounted above a fireplace and the gear is lower and off to the side. I'll locate the sensor higher and closer to the TV to take care of any issues. I'm remembering with some pain having to include delays and take care of the sequence of actions in each Harmony Activity to make sure everything sets properly. The OPPO and Apple TV work fine but I'm still having trouble getting a signal from my cable box and a tech is coming over tomorrow. Universal remotes certainly require an iterative process to get right.

I manually set each channel's trim using test tones and 976 sounds terrific as it but I'm looking forward to using REW to identify my room issues and make PEQ adjustments to address them. I've yet to sit down and watch a full movie yet! Rogue One is on deck.

Lastly, and unrelated to the 976, I have discovered my in-wall HDMI cables can't carry 60Hz UHD signals. I get a flicker and occasionally loose signal from my OPPO UDP-203. The cables went in a few years ago and I was worried they'd not be fast enough but 24Hz works and I'm trying out 50Hz in hopes it will too. I've moved up from a 720p plasma to 4K OLED and the clarity has been a little shocking to the family. There seems to be little distinction between video and film at this high resolution.