OK so now after one week of use I will add some of my initial impressions, likes and dislikes.

Picture quality. To me this is the most important thing as the only reason I needed to upgrade was massive compatibility issues with prior equipment essentially limiting me to just one HDCP 2.0 input. I genuinely would not have spent money to upgrade as the last processor as it was really quite nice. Bottom line. 100% flawless both in function and image quality. HDMI pass through also flawless.

Sound quality. When I initially ran the configuration, I noticed something wrong with the left front speaker. In the end discovered I had at some point blown a mid bass speaker. The system is almost always run in 7.1 mode, so the desolated sound test made me aware. Swapped in a similar pair of L/R speakers and finished setup.

Now one week into using, the sound quality is really really good. Dialog in movies . . . crystal clear. Sound stage wider and more convincing that last unit. Compared to my old 975, a significant setup in quality. Played "Dave Matthew and Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City". Absolutely Fantastic! Stereo also excellent! I have a medium sized living room about 500 sq ft. I already have a 7.1 setup in room and really not willing to add ceiling speakers and all to the latest formats. What this unit does is decode the Dolby True HD, DTS Master Audio, and earlier formats as good as any setup I have ever heard. This is all I wanted (once I resolved the 4K issues) and I do not see a reason to keep chasing newer formats. Hoping the unit stays in my system for a very long time!

My main dislike is the remote. Outlaw went out of their way to make a premium feeling remote in the hand. Let's face it they have never been known for using an awesome remote. They definitely tried to setup the game. That said it is "laggy". Find I have to push buttons hard and frequently more than once. I typically sit about 13 ft from TV, and do not have issued with other remotes in system.

Over all I am extremely pleased with this unit. I have been chasing the upgrade bug for 20 years now. Have gone through about 10 preamps and receivers in that time. Hoping I keep this one for minimum 5+ years.