Originally Posted By AvFan
Originally Posted By mdanderson
Originally Posted By bbaggin5
I have a similar setup. I just talked to Peter again and he said the codes will be coming in the next few weeks. He'll be posting about it shortly. The sound is outstanding in comparison to the 990. I'll post more later today or tomorrow but it is night and day. As an example, I put on a Sara Bareilles disc that was recored live, playing it on the Direct setting and I needed to walk up to the speaker to be sure it wasn't a surround mode. There was a real sense of the hall it was recorded in, as though it was in surround but it was only the stereo fronts.

I haven't looked at what the auto setup did, will check later. As far as PEQ, I'm not familiar with the process but will probably look into it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your additional input regarding the sound. I know the umik-1 is a bit expensive but I got one a few weeks ago and it has been worth it so far. With REW and the umik-1 I can now see what is going on in my room. If I can get REW to work with the 976, I doubt I will miss losing Audyssey in my current Marantz AVR.

I have a UMIK-1 coming and I'm looking forward to seeing how my family room behaves. I have already updated to REW V5.19 Beta 7 that includes the 976. I've never had any type of room correction so it will be interesting to toggle between applying PEQ and not. Did REW show any
spikes or nulls in your room?

I have about a 20dB increase between 25Hz and 60Hz.

Edited by mdanderson (12/11/17 08:30 PM)
Oppo UDP-205/LG 65C6
Outlaw 976 prepro/ Emotiva BasX A-700 amp
Power Sound Audio 15S