Thanks for posting your impressions of the 976. I hope to have mine soon. I hope they, Harmony and Outlaw, get over whatever reason the 976 won't be in the Harmony database. What a PITA it will be to have to "learn" the 976 codes into my new 950 remote that are not the same as the 975! I'm not too concerned about the 976 input names as I will be able to name the Harmony's Activities. It will be interesting to see how my new LG TV and the 976 work together when switching between sources. I plan on using an Apple TV, cable box and my OPPO.

Very good news on the 976's sound. I'm also upgrading from a 990 and besides the convenience of HDMI throughout, the improvement in DACs/sound was what I was looking forward to the most. Did you check the auto setup to see if it got all the parameters correct? I imagine I will do mine manually. Lastly, are you planning to use the 976's PEQ capabilities?