I see. I'm sure that comes with its own set of challenges, too. Like I said, Outlaw isn't one of those companies that pushes out updates all the time. At least, they haven't been up to this point.

I would guess that, as a minimum, adding a thumb drive reader would mean adding more code to read it and the ability to have that code self update from your thumb drive when you stick it in. Now you're adding however much additional code to make that happen which adds time and overhead both on the initial build and any updates in the future. You're also adding the cost of the hardware to make that possible. I don't know what kind of cost that is, likely not much for the pieces, but then there also has to be the engineering to figure out hardware compatibility, positioning, powering it up, and interfacing it which adds more initial cost for design as well as ongoing material (and labor?) cost for the implementation.

Now maybe all of that doesn't add up to massive dollar amounts, but for every little thing that "just doesn't cost that much" you add, you just keep raising the price tag. Outlaw stakes their claim on excellent performance to price ratio and adding something that hardly anyone will ever use runs counter to that position.

Perhaps the flagship processor will incorporate something like that given the nature of it being Outlaw's high end model. People expect more bells and whistles on a product in that position of the lineup, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.