As far as I know the MKSoundsystems site is the new M&K. M&K was purchased by two European M&K distributors and the main person is Asger Bak, the "ab" in the contact email on the web site. The Los Angeles connection is/was Chris Minto and Chris Hagen of the original M&K staff. There is some doubt whether Hagen is part of the company but he apparently designed the new "M" series.

It is not clear where they are manufacturing their speakers, source of drivers, overall quaility or compatibility with original M&K products. The only new speakers I know about are the ones a Swedish guy just received (can be seen on AVS). The cabinets have a different finish and the drivers look like the old ones but there is no way to know how they perform. Eventually someone who owns old M&K product will purchase some of the new generation and be able to offer a comparison.

When M&K shut down the owner, Ken Kriesel, mostly blamed their failure on counterfeit product. Many folks believe their troubles were much deeper. I know dealers were dropping M&K 2 to 3 years before their closing because it took months and months to get product. Its tough to sell a speaker line when you can't deliver the speakers.