Originally Posted By geoff
Originally Posted By Owl's_Warder
Originally Posted By Helson
Originally Posted By wade
I just need to verify, as I'm preparing to order 2 outlaw amps for a 7.2.4 (have the speakers with half of them waiting for something to push them). I was leaning towards the combo deal on the 7703, but would love to get a new 976. However, I would want Atmos. The latest announcement in October was that 976 was beginning production. I am curious if this will have both the single and dual DSP configurations in the first release - or as stated in the original message from January, it will be a separate announcement. Basically the question: if I want an atmos enabled pre-pro before new years - should I get the 7703 or wait for the 976 wink
I believe the 976 will not be Atmos capable. It is a 7.2 channel processor.

Yea, the 976 is NOT Atmos but they'll be using it's framework for the flagship processor to follow and that will include Atmos. If you're looking for Atmos now, go with the 7703.

Is this still true? I haven't seen anything since January 2017 about the flagship Atmos processor, despite asking several times.

It should be. We haven't heard otherwise. I'm sure they've been more focused on getting the 976 finished up and out the door. Since it looks to begin shipping soon, I'd expect to have news on the flagship model before too long. Maybe they'll give us an update in January. That seems to have become Outlaw's news delivery window in recent years.