The 975 updates can be applied at home via USB to Serial adapter connected to the 9-pin input on the 975. I can't imagine Outlaw going backwards from that implementation on the 976.

Originally Posted By TCat
Out of curiosity, how many devices do you (forum at large) regularly use?

We've got the following devices connected:

Roku
PS3
PS4
Switch
Wii
CD Player

The Wii doesn't see a lot of use these days but it does get used from time to time. The Roku is used heavily and the PS3 is our blu-ray player so it sees a lot of action, too. Most of our current games are PS4 and the Switch so between the two teenagers and myself, they see their fair share of action, too. The CD player doesn't get as much use as I would like but it's still used, if not frequently, then fairly often.

For those keeping score at home, yes, that is six inputs on a five input pre/pro. Since the CD player is using an optical input and the Wii is using an analog input, that means I have to run a pair of HDMI inputs through an external switch. I chose the PS4 and the Nintendo Switch for this duty because the Roku and the PS3 are our primary content providers. Found a decent switch on Amazon that works pretty well. It's got an auto sense to swap to the most recently active input and also a remote that can be used to force it so a specific input should it be needed. I have to admit that those additional inputs on the 976 are pretty attractive.