tru blue:

Glad to hear everything came together for you. It can take a while (and a lot of $), can't it?

Since my original post, I bought the Emotiva, so major purchases are over for me now as well. Maybe some time next year, I'll start looking at hi-def DVD players. Meantime, I think I'm going to tweak my vinyl playback system a bit -- but that won't break the bank and should be kind of fun.

So, like you, I've just been sitting back and enjoying the system and marveling at how good it sounds.

Just as a personal anecdote, I recently visited my brother in Atlanta who has a big buck 2-channel system. I was convinced I would find my budget-minded rig would sound lackluster in comparison. Much to my surprise, I thought my system really held its own in a number of parameters. I think he has a bit of an edge on vinyl playback; but I prefered my digital front end. Just goes to show you don't have to spend a fortune to get good sound!

Happy Thanskgiving to you. Hope you get some down time with some good movies and/or music!

Best,

- VD
Squeezebox -> Behringer SRC2496 -> Musiland MD10 DAC
Sota Sapphire; Marantz 10B;
Video: Hitachi 42HDS52A; Oppo 971H
System Pics