I hope they are not waiting for HDMI 2.1 on the 976. All of the HDMI 2's give us HDCP 2.2 to get the handshaking right. HDMI 2.0 gave us 4K at 60 Hz, then 2.0a piled on with HDR. V 2.0b tweak escapes me at the moment, but HDMI 2.1 adding up to 10K resolution (horizontal) at 120 Hz is a total "gilding the lily" (for the old audio guys out there), and certainly not relevant in the home environment. Yes, we all like pushing it to the edge, but I would guess most of our budgets will not handle 8K. Besides, doesn't 8K only exist in Japan at Sony and in their "buds" labs at the super-TV network, and at RED for the movie world. I have not looked, but I must assume there are no over-the-counter HDMI 2.1 interface or signal processing chips available with the bugs all rung out -- just guessing -- and certainly not for a consumer gear cost point. A 976 with HDMI 2.0b should be compatible with all current LCD panels and projectors available until late 2019. If the 'laws are going to kick 976's out for $899, I would not expect HDMI 2.1. Maybe we will see it in the coming Outlaws hot-dog box during 2019 sometime, but for the real world in the next few weeks so we can start slamming on the credit card to get a complete "single" 4K chain - finally --- forget it -- just saying. 976 -- next week -- please -- Thank You.