Originally Posted By Stephen B
Truthfully Helson I think the 1% was fully foreseeable to the Outlaws. The big three in the processor market do incremental changes which might make the process easier.

From the 975 to the 976 is a big jump when one considers the dacs and decoding involved.

As I have no rush to jump to 4K my 975 still works for me. Add in the White Instruments paramedic eq's I am already on board with what the 976 has to offer.

We know the 976 exists in the wild but without the certifications it is pointless for the Outlaws to market. I could not possibly care less about video processing preferring straight pass through in that regard. Audio is everything to us.

Much of the time, when you're debugging, solving one problem can lead to two more popping up. So, that's why I think they didn't foresee...
From the 975 to the 976...the 975 can handle lossless formats like Dolby True HD and DTS HDMA. I would think the bigger difference between the two would be the HDCP 2.2 from 2.0. But, that should have been resolved long ago.

Edited by Helson (10/04/17 03:44 PM)