Originally Posted By renov8r
Originally Posted By mdanderson
I wonder if Outlaw is working on their upcoming object based prepro at the same time they are working on the 976. I previously mentioned that the 976 would be the one for me since I saw no way I could do Atmos(using on or in-ceiling speakers) in my apartment, but I am now thinking about waiting on their Atmos prepro because I ordered some Atmos enabled speakers that I am going to try out next weekend. If I have success with them, then I may just wait on the Outlaw object based prepro or even consider the Marantz AV7703 which Outlaw is selling. If I don't have success with the Atmos enabled speakers then the 976 would be my choice.

That makes lots of sense. Fact is there are some very nice up-firing Atmos speakers as well as add-ons (including a pair from Atlantic Technology...) that are absolutely perfect for many apartment dwellers. Folks should not have any reluctance about using up-firing Atmos speakers in situations where they are appropriate -- that generally covers homes and apartments with normal ceiling height & construction where the up-firing speakers can be placed atop floor standers / bookshelf units on stands...

I suspect that much of the tech for the 976 is similar to the design for the "object pre-pro" but the Outlaws have enough experience to hold their cards close to the vest when it comes to specific manufacturing details, as prior efforts have steps on too many toes...

Thanks for your input on this subject. I am really excited about getting Atmos to work for me but not getting my hopes up too much. I have a rather small living room(13.5 x 14ft) with a standard 8ft flat ceiling. It would really be cool if the Outlaw object based prepro had a room correction system included. It will be hard to give up Audyssey in my Marantz but at least the Outlaw will have a PEQ with it.
Oppo UDP-205/LG 65C6
Outlaw 976 prepro/ Emotiva BasX A-700 amp
Power Sound Audio 15S