Originally Posted By mdrconsult
Thank You, Helson and XenonMan for your replies. I was hopping as XenonMan had said that it would operate in pas thru mode, but I think the problem is related to the version of HDMI that is being supported.

I'm not sure which way to go now. I was considering the 975, but I'll want 4K support. I was looking at the Emotiva MC-700, but damn there has been a ton of issues with that system. And there just aren't that many options out there. I have been half way looking at an Anthem MRX 520, but I prefer separate amp and processor over a traditional receiver. Plus it would be about $400 more for less power out of the amps, but it is an Anthem!

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I had been using an Anthem MRX-500 with my Outlaw 7500 amp for the last three years (since upgrading from a 990)l I recently upgraded to an Anthem MRX-720 to go along with the Outlaw 7500...perfect melding of equipment. I use a couple of the MRX's speaker outputs for an Atmos 5.2.2 setup. I also have a Sony 4K television plus assorted 4k, DAC, Bluray inputs....Anthem is absolutely great sounding equipment, i.e., especially for my 2 channel music listening.
Anthem MRX-500/ Outlaw 7500, Paradigm Studio 100's Fronts, Paradigm CC-590 Center, Phase Technology Dipole rears , Martin Logan Dynamo sub, Oppo BDP-103, DIRECTV H22-200 DVR HD receiver, Samsung PN60E8000 3D Plasma 60"
2nd System
B&K ST 202 Amp, Outlaw 990, Rotel RCD 1072CD, Yaqin CD 1 Tube Buffer, Apogee Centaur Minors, Phase Technology Model 10 Sub, Rotel RP-855 turntable, Panasonic DMP-BD30, DIRECTV H21-700 DVR HD receiver, Free Agent Home Theatre+, Vizio 40" LED