I am trying to hook 3 computers up to the 975 via HDMI . The first is a 3 year old AMD with a Radeon 5450 video out which goes to HDMI input 1 on the 975 . I don't get any sound . I am running Windows 7 Pro with all updates . The bios on my AMD is also current and set to HDMI as default. When i do Control panel> Device manager i don't see 975 as a device under the sound category. I just want to do straight 7 channel stereo. When I try to do Mode select to 7 channel the display says "Unavailble ". There is also a Creative sound blaster card ( PCI-E ) hooked up. All the drivers for that are current. The AMD computer sees my montior as a 975 device.

My second computer is a Intel NUC with a Skylake I5 processor and 16 gig memory with Intel Graphics and windows 10 with all updates. It recognizes 975 as a sound device and I have set that to default I can play music from computer files and the sounds shows up on all channels but still can't select 7 channel stereo. I can only configure it as 2 channel stereo. I don't have a sub woofer hooked up but that coud be done.

My third computer is a desktop with the same proceesor as my second one which I haven't started up yet with the 975. I didn't want to start that until I resolved these current problems.It also has Inter on board graphics.

The 4th HDMI input will be my trusty OPPO 83 dvd player which I don't expect any trouble with.

Basic question is how to get 7 channel stereo for each computer .

Thanks

David ( deeb )
I use seperate amps for each stereo channel channel .

My default monitor is a 50 inch Panasonic plasma tv. The output of 975 goes into HDMI #1 input on tv which does ARC.

Edited by deeb (06/03/17 03:32 PM)
Edit Reason: wrong spelling