FYI, I am not sure about any of the other brands but, since the 2015 models were introduced and going forward, on any 4K LCD/LED monitor 65" or less, LG has a newer type of screen that allows for considerably better off-axis viewing than what the older sets would allow. I purchased one several months ago and comparing it to the two older 40" 1080p LCD's I have elsewhere in the house in which the off-axis capability of both is minimal at best, I can view the screen from roughly up to at least a 30 degree angle without any noticeable degradation(color and brightness) of the picture and that is sitting about 10 Ft. away. I would love an OLED, but, the similar size, more upscale models, are still a little too expensive for my pocketbook.

Of course, compared to plasmas and OLED and other than the top-of the line models, black levels still remain somewhat of an issue, however, LCDs are getting better and a model with the "full array" back lighting feature and proper calibration of the monitor can help as well.

Edited by casey01 (04/24/17 01:05 PM)