The Oppos allow you to control the signal fed to the TV however each one is different. Oppo has a nice site that has a comparison chart for all three of their players. You can also access each players manual to check things out further. There a more than a few regular Oppo users in the Saloon that can provide you with the details of setting up an Oppo with your TV.

I've enjoyed my 42" commercial Hitachi plasma for over 4 years now. I've mounted it above my fireplace and it sure had a "Wow" factor when I first got it. My monitor is an odd one; its native resolution is 1024 x 1024. Hitachi and Sony jointly owned the factory that made this type of plasma glass however I don't think it is being made any more. By today's standard my monitor is way out of date, but it just keeps humming along. As a matter of fact, that is one reason I want to replace it; its noisy. When I eventually replace it I will probably go with a 768p 50" Panasonic commercial or 768p Pioneer consumer plasma. My seating distance is about 10 to 11 feet so I would not see the benefits of a 1080p plasma. The colors and black levels of the new screens are just amazing and a plasma's wide viewing angle works with the seating arrangement in my family room.

A 42" plasma at 8 feet would be very nice and folks could sit closer without seeing the individual pixels.

Enjoy your search for a new TV and DVD player! Let us know what you decide to buy and how it works for you.