Well I am going to resurrect this thread. Can't believe it's been 3 years. But I have gone through the entire 4K plasma roller coaster. I have been through 3 Samsung 4K TV's in the past year. Every single one I have sent back to Best Buy. The most recent one was their KS-8000 65 inch. It was better than the two I went through last year but still unacceptable. There are just things with 4k tv's, primarily LCD that I cannot live with. I ended up finding a ridiculous deal on a Panasonic VT30 65 inch and have had that in my home for the past two weeks. Hands down, the BEST picture I have ever seen. Throw it in THX mode and tweaked a couple of settings and I feel like I am in a movie theater. I was watching hockey last night and was blown away by what I saw. Going plasma, especially the higher end, top of the line ones like the VT and ZT series from Panasonic, is by no means cheaping out. In my opinion, you are taking a step up from 4K LCD TV's. I will watch this plasma until it dies on me. Hopefully by then, OLED will be in it's prime and will be more affordable.