Yeah, I need to source a pair of speakers that I can blow without worry rather than a borrowed set (no matter how crappy). Maybe a trip to the junkyard for some $2 car speakers. Need to find something that at least 'says' it can handle the rr2150 rated output. Blowing a 25 watt pair of speakers won't tell me a thing.

The computer is in another room, hence the xbox to receive files over ethernet. It would take a pile of USB extender cables to reach the rr2150.

Another poster noted the mains cable being an audibly discernable factor in power availability. Interestingly I had noted way back when that it was odd that the RR2150 had a much thicker power cord than the LFM-1 EX. Of course that may have just been insulation and not conductor. Eventually on that path you'll go larger than the romex in the wall and there should be no additional benefit. However, I think typical house wiring is 10 guage so you'd have a ways to go for that.

One thing I should have mentioned to Ben is completely unrelated is a thought I had regarding remote controls. I wonder how much it really costs to manufacture a remote control (on the margin). That is to say since you're already making them, and including them in the product, how much cost would it add to include a second in the box?

Used equipment of all kinds very frequently says "no remote included" since it's been lost or broken. Or, it's being sold separately for $$ since everyone else's remote is lost or broken. I lose my remotes all the time and I expect others do too. I'm sure as hell not spending $300 freaking dollars on a harmony and then losing or breaking that as well.