Looking at the specs the Totem speakers seem more geared to critical listening as opposed to hard core jamming. With the 80 watt max recommended power rating I can see how easy it could be to over extend a driver under the circumstances you described. With the 4 ohm rating of your RR2150 it should have no difficulty proving the Totem's with all the clean power they could ever want.

It would seem monkeyplasm has left the thread due to no one agreeing with him the issue is all Outlaws fault. Kind of a bummer as we could have helped to ensure the issue did not occur in the future. I would still like to see dcr numbers for the thought dead tweeters. Over driving the amp to past clipping levels could also cause crossover failures we could have helped diagnose and repair.

My CS experiences with Ben have been first rate. I realise op did not get the answers he/she (I am guessing he) wanted and then seemed to get upset when no one jumped on the bash Outlaw/Ben bandwagon.

If you read this monkeyplasm just because a person may not agree with your thoughts in this does not make their reply a personal attack.