Originally Posted By monkeyplasm

Ben and I discussed some of these thoughts and he and his engineer (Ben called me back after checking tweeter stock/prices and talking with his local tech) believe the RR2150 was just turned up too loud and it output a signal that damaged the tweeters in the LCRs.

Originally Posted By monkeyplasm

P.P.S. So, while I absolutely do blame the RR2150 (I don't believe it performs to the level claimed) I also did NOT cry and demand some sort of compensation, a new RR2150, a different amp, new speakers, a new roof, or a new washer/dryer. I'm the one who cranked it up - I just think it should have been able to handle being cranked up. I bought the replacement tweeters Ben's sending out tomorrow so PLEASE just take a minute and mentally delete from your vitriolic thoughts all the heroic rhetoric in defense of Outlaw you've already got planned. Don't bother to actually type out your nascent diatribe.

I suggested the possibility of the crossover because I have seen R or RC circuits, meant to tame the high end response of a tweeter, get damaged in personal design and testing endeavors. I am an AE and I did check with the tech who works on these and it has never been seen in this product. When we spoke, I tried to be as passive and non-confrontational as possible because no one likes to have "user damage" shoved down their throat.

To be frank, if the 2150 was at fault and was outputting rail voltage, more than just the tweeter would've cooked.

If you blame the 2150 because you believe it doesn't perform to the level claimed, you can see the 2150 easily exceeds what is claimed when independently spec'd out by Audioholics: http://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/outlaw-audio-rr2150-receiver-review/measurements

Helson makes a good point about an under-rated power cord throttling the current; the distortion rises exponentially and power output at any given THD is significantly reduced.

In regards to searching for a power amp, I do agree with Stephen about checking on the input sensitivity of any amplifier you are purchasing, if you want to achieve maximum rated power.
For an input signal level of 1V, the pre-outs of the RR2150 will produce 2.7V output, max.
An input signal level of 500mV, the pre-out gain will be 1.5V max.
With an input level of 380mV, the pre-out gain will be 1.0V max.

A typical line level output of consumer gear will be roughly 447mV peak and 316mV nominal. So if you are feeding the RR2150 with the outputs from your TV, you would want to find a power amp with an input sensitivity of 1.0V.