I do have the capability to run REW but I won't because I have no interest in tweaking my system endlessly and my system doesn't have an adjustable Equalizer. My rooms are relatively small and symmetrical and very easy to pressurize to extreme levels so I use a manual setup. I use my Radioshack meter and it works pretty well.

The biggest challenge I see to the REW process is getting the curves, reading them, making adjustments and then running the process again for the main seat to check for improvement. For other seats I guess you could run the it over and over again to see if the first adjustments made it better or worse. It seems like a lot of effort to manually what Audyysey does in auto. In the HT system I much prefer to use Audyssey to auto set the system and then check it with my meter.

For those hobbyists that love to tweak their systems, REW will be a great tool to master.

It would probably work for my music system since there is only my seat in that room but for the HT room I think the system will be too narrowly focused.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner