REW in and of itself looks more complicated than it is in reality.

Anyone who has not downloaded the free software should just to get their arms around the menus and example plots.

Do you have any way to run REW Xenon? I would like to see REW before and after plots of any and all of the automated correction options.

A stereo system with or without bass reinforcement (subwoofer) has in the past tried to follow what was referred to as a house curve. The house curve was flat more or less down to around 200hz (depending on speaker) then trying to do a gentle slope to +3db at 20hz. I do not like a dead flat house curve for anything other than live recorded full orchestra.

PEQ is different than automated correction in the user can get silly. Xenon commented the user might set PEQ by ear and get it wrong. I flashed back to all of the people I knew in the 70's with 10 band (full octave) eq's where the sliders always looked like smilies.

REW and PEQ is not going to be the bitch we are trying to make it out to be.

In REW you can set a mic point and freeze a plot. You can then set the mic in a new position and freeze a new plot. Move the mic to every listening position and average the plots the same as an automayted system. It is not rocket science.

I know I am directing much of this post to Xenon but you my missed my point in an earlier post.

Outlaw has a chance to use the forums as a marketing tool. You commented reviewers could explain set up where I think it is in Outlaw's best interest for a reviewer to point out "though the set up is manual the Outlaw Audio forums have dedicated users with hands on set up experience who are happy to answer questions and help new buyers get the most from Outlaw products".