Two Model 5000 while is said to be the quality budget amplifier, is HUGE at 12" (not even including 4" of space needed for cooling) and does not work for the "Audiophile equipment for the rest of us" mentality. At $1300 after shipping, it is a bit much.

A 7140 with 2 2200s costs $1,839 - also not budget friendly. Not even including a needed 6 inches of total cooling between these, you are now looking at 10" tall amps.

As someone trying to save money AND space, emotiva's a-700 and an a-500 STILL require about 10" if you have 2" of space between them, but the price is now affordable at $1k after shipping costs. Sure, they don't put out as much power as outlaw, but the space savings is nice.

I like outlaw. I think they have really good products and I'm looking forward to their newer receivers. If anyone can beat Emotiva - it's Outlaw. However, I still think that a 9 channel 3" high amplifier costing under $1k from outlaw will fill a huge niche for people like me wanting a small affordable system.

I DO think a nice 3 channel 300w amp would be nice though - as I can always run my sides and atmos on a separate amp.